Server Jobs In Newton ~ Cafe Associate Jobs In Newton
Send your resume to email@example.com.
Lasell Village, a senior retirement community in Newton, is hiring servers for our dining room and associates for our café.
If you’re looking for a food service job, we’d love to have you join us – we have an amazing workplace culture of friendliness and teamwork.
Please note that tipping is not allowed at Lasell Village.
Dining Room Server And Café Associate Job Openings
Below are the job openings for dining room servers and café associates:
- 11:30 am – 2:30 pm shift
- 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm shift
Dining Room Server And Café Associate Primary Responsibilities
Below are the primary responsibilities for dining room servers and café associates:
- serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance
- serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures
- prepare meals to-go and deliver to residents’ apartments in a timely manner
- set up the dining room and/or café for service
- understand the dining room set up and table numbers
- be able to answer the phone and use a friendly tone while talking with residents and guests, take reservations, and check messages
- greet residents and guests with a smile and a friendly tone
- walk guests to their assigned tables
- operate the POS system to enter custom orders and cash out all guests
- work together with other team members to ensure residents are served in a timely manner
- set up, stock, refill, and clean stations according to the opening and closing checklists
- assist in café serving operations and preparing food items
- assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- as directed, clean work tables, clean refrigerators and freezers, and sweep floors
- carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry, and free of hazards
Dining Room Server / Café Associate Educational Or Vocational Requirements
To obtain a position as a dining room server or café associate at Lasell Village, you must have a high school diploma or equivalency (GED). You also must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Dining Room Server / Café Associate Jobs Health And Safety Requirements
Lasell Village considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Lasell are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lasell Village is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, the color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
Lasell Village is proud to be listed as an Age-Friendly Certified Employer.
About Lasell Village
Lasell Village is a unique continuing care retirement community, with education at its heart. We’re a caring and vibrant senior community that’s home to more than 225 residents. Located on the beautiful campus of Lasell University in Newton, we have independent living apartments, supported living studios, and a 5-star skilled nursing and rehab facility.
Contact Us About The Dining Room Server and Café Associate Job Openings
To learn more about the dining room server and café associate job openings, or to submit your resume, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.